Join ALP Cycles Coaching on a 3- day tour through some of the biggest mountain passes Colorado has to offer. July 24-26 2016.
The 3-day tour starts and finishes in Carbondale Colorado. Day 1 (74miles) starts with a warm-up climb up McClure Pass (8,700ft). After a 15 mile descent, we begin the climb up Kebler Pass to almost 10,000ft. We are rewarded with a scenic descent into Crested Butte, where wine, cheese, and cozy rooms are awaiting us at the Inn at Crested Butte.
After breakfast, we leave Crested Butte and head for Cottonwood Pass; a climb that tops out at just over 12,000ft. 20 miles of descending later, we arrive in Buena Vista where we will spend the night and get ready to tackle the last and longest day of the tour. Day 2 is 67miles.
Day 3 (92 miles) takes us from Buena Vista along the base of many of Colorado's 14ers. After 20miles, we make a left hand turn and begin the climb up Independence Pass; a 22mile climb that goes up to 12,058ft. A rewarding descent that take us into Aspen and on to the bike path back to Carbondale.
- Lodging in Carbondale (23rd), Crested Butte (24th), and Buena Vista (25th)
- A chance to ride with and learn from ALP Cycles Coaches Alison Powers and Patricia Schwager
- Breakfast each morning
- Wine and cheese in Crested Butte
- On bike nutrition and hydration (Osmo and ride food/snacks)
- SAG/Follow Van
- ALP Schwag
- Transportation from Nederland to Carbondale on the 23rd ($20)
- Transportation from Carbondale to Nederland on the 26th ($20)
- Single rooming and lodging package ($290)
Price for the 3 day/3 night Tour - $550
Bring a friend incentive- Bring your spouse, a family member, and/or a friend and save $50.
We are limiting this year's tour to 15 riders. If you are interested in coming and/or would like more info, send an email to email@example.com.